Saturday, July 16, 2011

100 Books

We just read our 100th different book of the summer.  I say different book, because there are those favorites that we have read many times each.  I wanted to do this for several reasons.  One to hold me accountable...I need accountability to do something.  I noticed that I would go several days and not read anything to the kiddos---and I have my reading speciality degree! I know how important it is to read, and I just wasn't making the time!  Also, we have tons of books.  Many of which we have only read once or twice before they got stuck on the shelf.  So, I am reading a book and then stacking it in my closet so that we will get to all the books that we have. (I left a few of their favorites out because I know kids love and need to read a book over and over again.)  Both girls have really gotten in to it.  They both ask me to read very a lot of the time.  My favorite thing from all this reading is when one of the girls say, "Momma, will you read us a book so we can snuggle."  I have absolutely loved this snuggle time!  We all pile on the sofa or a bed or on the floor and just read!  It's been great!  School starts a month from yesterday, so we still have a long way to go before we reach my actual goal of 200 books this summer!

No comments: