Thursday, September 22, 2011

A weird day

This sweet little girl lost her 2nd tooth on Sunday during lunch.  She bit into a piece of bread and nearly jumped out of her seat.  All I did was reach in and grab it.  It was already out.  She got $3 for her first tooth and the tooth fairy left $1 this time.  She was ready to go spend her money.  This is the first time she has ever spent money.  Usually we just put it in the piggy bank.  I took her to Target after school on a date to find a toy.  She had so much fun and had a huge grin on her face as she carefully examined each and every toy.  


I love the excitement on her face when she finally decided on one--the Rapunzel doll!  She and Leigh have  brushed her hair and played with her all afternoon.

But, at check out is where the story gets odd.  She gives it to the checker and then hands her her $5. I had a couple of more things so I was just gonna pay for the rest.  SB proudly tells her that this is from the tooth fairy and that she has lost two teeth!  The checker had the gall to say and I quote "I remember when I lost my teeth.  I would wake up in the morning and my momma would have forgotten and then she gave me $20."  I mean--SERIOUSLY!! COME ON!!!!  I could immediately tell where this was headed so I was trying my hardest to distract SB while politely trying to get the woman to hush!

Then...just a few minutes ago.  I get a call from a number that has been calling several times a day. I have not ever answered it before, but I listened to a message on my machine earlier that said hit 3 if you want to opt out of receiving this call. So, that was my plan.  To listen to the recording asking me if I wanted to reduce my credit card interest rates and then hit 3.  Only this time (I guess since I answered it) that was not an option.  I hit 9 to talk to an operator and politely asked them to take me off their list and not to call back.  It was then that I felt like I was locked in the worst movie that I could ever imagine only all that bad language was directed at me.  I am not kidding.  I have not ever heard anyone actually say all of the stuff he said.  I am still shaking from it.  I hung up and called our credit card and they said that it was someone trying to steal our information.  I am not sure what I am going to do because they said that they couldn't do anything.  Tomorrow I guess I will call Comcast and get the number blocked and call the BBB and report them???  Has that ever happened to you?  Any advice?  AHHHHH!!!

1 comment:

Paula said...

Are you on the Do Not Call List? You could report them to the state. : )