Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Books

I am sick of looking at the book list on the right, so I am going to delete it in the next few days.  However, I have had lots of people ask me about my favorites that we read this summer.  That is so hard to do because there are so many good books out there.  But, I am going to give it a try...  You won't  necessarily see these on any other book list!  These are just some Henson Summer 2011 Favorites!


Any and all Curious George by Rey
The Gruffalo by Donaldson (also a movie at Target--thanks Weezie)
If you Give a ____ a ____ by Numeroff--She has a new one just out--If you Give a Dog a Donut 
Mary Engelbreit's Fairy Tales (and also her Nursery Rhymes book)
The Great Monster Hunt by Landa and Warren
Fancy Nancy books by O'Connor-of course


All three of these are great resources for finding children's books.  
1001 Children's Books you Must Read Before you Grow Up --I found this last week at Lemuria and oh,
         my!  I am going to ask for it for Christmas.  It is a $39 book so it is a bit of an investment, but it is 
         beautiful!  It divides books by ages and each book has its on page-  from babies all the way to 12th 
         grade!
Honey for a Child's Heart by Gladys Hunt--I have had this one forever and love it.  My next goal 
        (maybe next summer's goal) is to go through this book and make sure that I have read all the books
         it suggest.  There is a line out beside each book so I can write which kid and the date.
The Book Tree: A Christian Reference for Children's Literature by McCallum and Scott--This was  
        recommended by Weezie Polk.  I just ordered it for $4.00 from Amazon and I can't wait to get it!


Do you have any must have children's books that I need to know about?



No comments: