Friday, August 26, 2011

Goals and Sam

So, I've never been creative with titles, but this one just calls it like it is. I have had several people stop me and ask me about our summer reading. We did finish our goal of 200 books. It wasn't necessarily pretty--we had quite a few to read on that last day, but we finished at 5:30 p.m. on Thursday before school started on Friday! The girls had so much fun with this. We will definitely set a goal for next summer. And as for my other goals...I've been doing good with the grocery budget. In July I was under budget for the first time since we started the budget in January. The taste of success makes me want to keep clipping coupons and keep cooking foods that are on sale to keep making the budget--plus, it makes Zeb happy! ha! I would say that I have done better keeping my house "company clean", but I am still working on that. Also, I really enjoyed Train Up A Mom by Vollie Sanders and would recommend that as a devotional tool to other Mommas!

I haven't put many pics on the blog lately because I have been too lazy to click upload, but here are two that I couldn't resist uploading! I can no longer put Sam down for a nap in just his diaper! Thankfully no mess!

I love the fact that Sam found Doe's walker and pushed it around. This was a few weeks ago, but every time we go he makes a beeline for it!


No comments: