Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Making the most of summer

I  can not believe that we just have three weeks before school starts--less than that actually.  I have such mixed emotions.  On the one hand, I am a scheduled person so I find it easier to run our house when we all have a schedule.  But more than that, I am gonna miss these three.  We have had the best summer (minus two weeks ago when I wanted to throw in the towel).  Seriously, we have have one hard week and it was really hard.  But other than that it has been great.  I feel like we have had a good mixture of doing things and just being home.  We haven't gone out of town and it has been so nice.  It's just been laid back and fun.  We have done lots of swimming and lots of coloring.  Other than that we have done a little of this and a little of that.  

Last week after a long nap we loaded up in the car--in our pjs nonetheless--and went and held our new little friend, Coit.  The girls could have held him all day!



Sam got a balance bike last week for his birthday so we have spent some time practicing on it.

One morning last week we played at the park for about an hour and a half before getting too hot.  To cool off we went and had ice cream and then went home and had lunch.  I heard the kids tell several people that their momma gave them ice cream before lunch--ha!  It's summer!

No comments: