Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Family Camp

This weekend we went to family camp at Lake Forest Ranch.  We did this regularly while I was growing up, but we haven't gone since I was a junior in college.  But I think we did it 12 or 13 straight years.  I had forgotten how much fun it was!  It is so laid back and the kids were just free to go!  Our meals were all cooked for us and our cabin was in a great location.  We had a large cabin with 4 rooms.  It worked out great for my family of 5 because we had a jack and jill bathroom shared with my parents and sara and then another bathroom where we were able to put Sam's pack n play.  

Saturday after breakfast we started with a family devotion.  If we go again, I have a feeling we will be bringing our own.  This was a little (or a lot) much for the kiddos!

Then we had a family activity.  These, of course, are always a little cheesy, but they were lots of fun!  We laughed a lot!

 We had to build a free standing tower of balloons with character qualities of each person written on the balloons. We didn't win--actually we didn't even come close!


After lunch was craft time!

This absolutely melts my heart!  During the singing Sam had just had enough!  There was a great speaker.  His name was Dan Hayden and he is really smart!  He spoke each session no Revelations 2 and I really learned a lot!


The rest of the afternoon was just free time!  While the kids were sleeping, Dad, Sara and I did the zip line!  Oh, my!!!  It was high, hard, and scary!  You can't really appreciate the height, but these are tall pine trees!


The kids all rode horses!

And then played by the lake before dinner!

No comments: