Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Sam's Car Party

It was very easy to decide on a car party for Sam.  He loves playing with cars.  I knew I had made the right decision when I bought a car pan and he carried it around for days playing with the cake pan.  My cousin, Ginger, did the banner for the party!



For the food, we kept it real simple.  The fruit is supposed to look like a stop light, although I don't think anyone saw that!  Zeb smoked some b-b-q so we had sandwiches and chips with it.




There was a hummus dip and black bean and feta dip for appetizers!

The cake and cupcakes---Do you see that little orange car?  That is the car that started Sam's fascination with them.  I keep it above his changing table and since he was tiny I handed it to him and said, "Daddy's car".  It is now a prized possession and he tells everyone that it is "Daddy's car"! I love all the stuff our moms saved for us!
The red chevron fabric is new, but all the other is from his one year old party.  I also used the green for Christmas and all of the orange stuff for fall.  Also, several friends have been able to use the fabric for parties.  All of the fabric if from Premier Fabrics and it last a lot longer than normal table clothes!

No comments: