If someone were to ask me what my goal was for the summer, I would say it is to be purposeful.
Purposeful in many areas: 1. purposeful in my devotional life 2. purposeful in getting laundry done and keeping my house decent 3. purposeful in how I spend my time with my 3 kiddos 4. purposeful in how I spend our money--especially at the grocery store 5. purposeful in how I (we) discipline our kiddos
1. I have decided to do Train Up a Mom by Vollie Sanders. I am going to take each chapter and do one throughout the week.
2. Well...I guess the best way to be purposeful is to do a little every day and follow through. Since we are home a lot during the summer I am not expecting a super clean house. Just one that if someone stops by I won't be embarrassed! I can guarantee there will be toys out on the floor though!
3. I want to read hundreds of books to them this summer. I'm not exaggerating...this is my goal. I figure its really not too hard. My girls LOVE to be read to and I love to read to them--so it's a pretty good fit. We've done really well with this since school has been out, but starting tomorrow I am going to start a list to keep myself accountable!
4. In January we started a budget. I have had a hard time staying in the budget in the food area. It is plenty of money, but this has still been a struggle. I did better in May using coupons and eating omelets every now and then (they are cheap!!) Food is expensive now, but I know with planning I can do it!
5. I am blessed to have a husband 100% on board in the discipline area. Zeb and I discuss situations and how we are going to handle them regularly. He is very helpful when he is home. We have also had the privilege of going to a Wednesday night class at our church taught by Dr. Tom Elkin. I think I might put some of the things that I have hit me that he has said on our blog over the next few weeks. Tomorrow is the final class in a four week series. Wish he would do this more often!