Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year!!

Even though I hate the years going by so quickly, I love a new year-- a clean slate!  I don't really like resolutions, but I can't help but set a few goals for the year!  They are the same ones that everyone seems to have--we will see if I can make it until February keeping them! I do know, that I am going to do better  posting pictures and scrap booking on this blog.  I had so much fun scanning back over the past Christmases. I forget so much and it's so nice to be reminded of the sweet daily moments!  I have been thinking about a 2014 verse and I think the one for this year will be:  Psalm 86:11-12  "Teach me your way, O Lord, that I may walk in your truth; unite my heart to fear your name.  I  give thanks to you, O Lord my God, with my whole heart, and I will glorify your name forever."

We had fun ringing in 2014 with sweet friends!  We went to the Goldman's and our friends from Hattiesburg came into town!  It was the first time our kids have ever done fireworks and it was definitely a hit with the girls!  I think we will be doing them regularly now!  I think the three big guys had a good bit of fun too!


 She was nervous with this one (her first), but that didn't last long!

Sam didn't exactly have the same liking to the fireworks!

This is Winston-isn't he the cutest!  He did like the fireworks!

The best of friends!  I love love love these two!





 me, Emily Gardner, and Rebecca Goldman




 It's easier to get silly pictures right now!



 After dinner we went out front to watch the men shoot some fireworks--Sam, Jake, and Graham liked their view from the house!



Rebecca had a "ball drop".  It was a blast and definitely will need to be a tradition!  Sadly, I only had my iphone so the pics are blurry.  However, they do catch the excitement!










Happy New Year!

No comments: