Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter

We had a wonderful Sunday celebrating our risen Lord and Savior!  Zeb got up VERY early so he could round on patients before and after church so he didn't miss church or family time!  For close to 30 years now, my mom has had mom and dad's side of the family over for lunch!  I think it is something everyone looks forward to and it has been so nice for both sides of the family to be so close!  It has grown to be a lot of people so it is quite a production now!

Ahhh!  And I'm the one who messes up the photo!


The kids table. (Notice all the bunnies in the background.)





 Clark, Katie, Elizabeth, and Bryson

Me and Sara


Sara has done the eggs for many years now.  This year she stepped up her creativity and did some chicks too!

Most of the group before the prayer.





The kiddos enjoying all of My May's work!

I love the kids dessert!  They did too!


Top: Katie Pegg, Sara Beth, Avery McDaniel
Seated: Leigh, Sam, Jake McDaniel, and Bryson Pegg


Olivia (my cousin), Nick's grandmother , Doe, and Mrs. Bobbye

Time for the egg hunt!

Aunt Michelle helped Sam wade through the jasmine and grass!









Sara Beth showing Doe her loot!

Mrs. Travis, Sara, Leigh, and Nick

Nannah and Jeff



Who knew pop the egg was so funny or could be played so many times????


After a fun day with family and friends we made our way home to see what the Easter Bunny left at our house while we were at church.



(notice his eyelashes)

Here is my uncle, Kent McDaniel, singing "Via Delorosa".  He is singing this at one of their good friends' house who is sick with cancer.  She is sitting across from him, and that is why he can't look up.  It's worth listening to.  Below this is the lyrics to one of my all time favorites!


In Christ alone my hope is found,
He is my light, my strength, my song;
this Cornerstone, this solid Ground,
firm through the fiercest drought and storm.
What heights of love, what depths of peace,
when fears are stilled, when strivings cease!
My Comforter, my All in All,here in the love of Christ I stand.
In Christ alone! who took on fleshFulness of God in helpless babe!
This gift of love and righteousness
Scorned by the ones he came to save:
Till on that cross as Jesus died,
The wrath of God was satisfied -
For every sin on Him was laid;Here in the death of Christ I live
.There in the ground His body lay
Light of the world by darkness slain:
Then bursting forth in glorious Day
Up from the grave he rose again!
And as He stands in victory
Sin's curse has lost its grip on me,
For I am His and He is mine -
Bought with the precious blood of Christ.
No guilt in life, no fear in death,
This is the power of Christ in me;
From life's first cry to final breath.
Jesus commands my destiny.
No power of hell, no scheme of man,
Can ever pluck me from His hand;
Till He returns or calls me home,
Here in the power of Christ I'll stand.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love "In Christ Alone!" We sang that at church Sunday. Looks like a great day!

jiulin said...

. Running sneakers are the very lightweight footwear to assure Asics Onitsuka Tiger Shoesyou a very tireless

and comfortable walk. These sneakers offer you excellent cushioning and provide you mid-foot support.Beats By Dr. Dre Headphones Its

lightweight upper provide you breezy comfort. Carbon rubber outsole featured in these sneakers offers you

exceptional traction