Sunday, June 12, 2016

End of Day 1 and Day 2

When I uploaded my pictures they got all out of order!  Ahhh!  

Watching the sunset from My May and Bo Bo's balcony.

Dinner on the cruise was amazing!  Sammy and Dax were our waiters and they waited on us each night!  On Disney cruises they assign you a restaurant to go to each night--but the wait staff rotates with you!  They had our drinks waiting on us when we arrived each night!  And they cut up my kids steak-or pancakes--or whatever!!  We had full conversations without having to get up! 

I think overall this was everyone's favorite dinner.

And my birthday got celebrated!

The waiters also had puzzles and mind games for each night.

After dinner we had an impromptu dance party in the lobby.

Leigh was excited about her pajamas from Mickey!  

Day 2


On this day we were at the Atlantis resort in the Bahamas.  We made the most of this day and did more slides than you can even count!

It didn't take long for Sam to get in vacation mode.

This slide was so quick I couldn't even get a picture!  It was fun because you could race your friend.
 The most memorable part of this day I didn't even get a picture of because my camera would have gotten wet.  Our family of 5 went off to find the lazy river as soon as we got there so we could get comfortable and get the lay of the land.  One of the workers pointed the way for us and we went!  We got on at a very calm part of the river--little did we know that we got on the Rapids River.  Of course we didn't know this at the time and we started calling it the "Crazy Lazy"--ha!  It definitely was a Rapids River.  We rounded the first corner to a gush of water and Leigh went flying off her raft!  I was holding on to Sam's float at the time and after that I had  a death grip on him  (the next day my left arm was sore!) We ended up having a great time on it and went back to get the other 7 members of my family!  We laughed and laughed and laughed. The second time around Sam went flying off his raft (Zeb had him :)).  I was so proud though because he just kept swimming and didn't panic!

hanging out under the waterfall

lunch was included in the package that we bought

Since we planned the cruise so last minute we had to get the late dinner at 8:15 and the show at 6:00. Let me tell you we ended up loving this and will pick this if we ever do a cruise again!  We played hard all day and then came back about 4 and gave the kids showers.  I ordered room service so they could have a heavy snack.  Then they took an hour or hour and a half nap on our bed.  (We could pull the curtain closed and then we could get ready.)  This is a picture of Sam UNDER our bed--y'all--we could NOT wake him up!  Zeb was rolling his head back and forth.  It was so funny!

After naps and before the show we headed up for an ice cream cone!  This always made sleepy people wake up happy!  They each had one or two ice cream cones each night before dinner!

The show the second night was "Villan's Tonight".  This was probably my least favorite, but it was still good.

We had some time to watch a bit of the movie at the pool before dinner.

And had some time for more dancing.

Looking sharp in their matching Wal-Mart outfits.

They would take a real picture only with the promise of a silly picture.

Animator's Palace was our dinner place for nights two and three.  The menu was different each night. I think my favorite thing I ate all week was from here--truffle gnocchi!

another puzzle

At the end of the night we had an elephant (and chocolate) waiting on us!

For Day 1 of the Disney Cruise

No comments: