Monday, August 10, 2015

VBS

VBS is always one of my favorite weeks of the summer!  This year I was privileged to be the director.  It's taken me 2 months to recuperate enough to want write anything about it.  Just kidding--kind of!  The theme was "Lord of All Creation".  We walked through the days of creation Monday through Wednesday.  On Thursday we talked about the fall of mankind and then Friday we saw how Jesus was the answer to the fall!  We had over 400 kiddos and the Lord truly blessed the week!  Yes, doing this was tiring, but I am SOOO grateful I did!  It made me love our church even more!!!  I am blown away by the number of mothers and grandmothers who volunteered.  We had over 250 volunteers--both teens and adults.  I am very thankful for each and every person who helped during the week.  


Marshall man had fun playing with the giant globe in my office!



 We also had several guests during the week!  Eady came and spent the week with us!  What a treat for Sara Beth--it had been over a year since they had seen each other and they picked right up where they had left off!

 My sister and her kids also came for the week!  It was super fun to hang out with them, plus my sister and mom helped a ton by taking the kids everyday for lunch so I could clean up and get organized!



Jennifer came to get Eady on Friday and we were able to spend a quick (too quick) 24 hours with them!  Can you tell it was hot???

This was there "sad" face as they said "until next time"!



No comments: