Friday, April 3, 2015

Disney World-Fast and Furious Style

Last week we went to Disney World.  It was a fast and furious trip, but we had a great time and got in some quality and quantity family time!  We decided to go with Zeb on Tuesday night before we left on Saturday.  Leigh's birthday party was over at 11:30 and by 11:42 we were pulling out of Jackson headed south!  I packed lunches and we made it past Mobile before anyone needed a bathroom break! We pulled into Orlando right at 11:30 p.m.

Team Henson ready for the parks bright and early the next morning...


However, we chose a TERRIBLE first ride.  Sam was literally 1/4 inch too short for Space Mountain.  If I had known that, he could have worn his boots!

We had a delicious lunch at The Crystal Palace.  Zeb and I both had the veggie sandwich.


The kids enjoyed their Mickey ice cream and it helped Sam get over his disappointment of being too short.

We let Sam pick the next ride!  Happy, happy boy!




I skip the "spinny" rides!


Zeb and I enjoyed sitting behind them and just watching!

parade time


We ate dinner the first night at Epcot at the Mexico quick serve restaurant.  I like it better than the food inside the Mexico pyramid.

Considering I packed on Friday night, I did pretty good packing.  I remembered everything, but rain clothes for the kids.  We made an early trip to Wal-Mart.  Buying this boy a swimsuit (something he needed anyway) was a smart idea.  He jumped in EVERY single puddle!


I remembered our rain gear!

Every time we go, I am always amazed at the entertainment they made for waiting in lines!  Sure makes the lines not so bad.

I think this is my favorite picture of the week!


lunch at The Coral Reef



We met up with the Stewarts for a little while on Monday afternoon.  I can't remember the name of this ride at Epcot, but I will NEVER ride it again!  I was so motion sick!  


Dinner was at Teppen Edo--yummy!


and fun


love Soarin'

The kids could watch the fireworks at Epcot from our hotel room.

back at Magic Kingdom





Then to 1900 Park Fare for a character breakfast.










Then to Hollywood Studios.  All of the Disney shows are well done and it's always nice to sit in a cool place.






Sam was so funny.  He didn't complain about being tired.  Every now and then he would just sit down. It kept Zeb and me on our toes because we always had to be checking to make sure he was with us! Dinner this night was a Mama Melrose. 

Where else do you sit when the kids are asleep??

We started the day at Magic Kingdom--again!

This was our 8th and final time to ride Thunder Mountain.




This is the best deal in all of Disney.  A delicious and enormous cinnamon roll from Gastons.  I think it was like $4 and was a nice mid-morning snack.

Tom Sawyer's Island with the Stewarts

Then to Animal Kingdom



Dinner was at Boma.  It was good, but Zeb said he didn't care if we ever ate there again.  I think we ate really good food--especially considering I planned it all on Tuesday night!

We left at 4:30 Eastern Time to "beat the baby"!  We drove for almost 5 hours before we ever saw the sun!  We were thankful for Buz Lightyear because we literally drove straight through only stopping for gas and the bathroom.  Breakfast and lunch were eaten in the car.   But we made it and we were at the hospital when Uncle Brad walked out with Millie Ruth--well worth the craziness and stress!

Now we could use a vacation!

No comments: