Thursday, May 22, 2014

Summer Goals

Well, it's officially summer so that means it is time for me to make a list of goals.  My goals always tend to be similar, but it's good for me to think through them.  Last week on The Gospel Coalition I read this article:  http://thegospelcoalition.org/article/students-dont-waste-your-summer.  It was obviously geared toward college students, but it had lots of good stuff in it for others as well!  So...here it goes...
1.  Learn to make and decorate sugar cookies.  I want to learn to do this, but really I want to teach my girls to do this.  I am looking for a recipe that taste good and icing that is easy to use!
2.  Finish my stack of books beside my bed.  I have quite the stack.  I took 5 to NYC and ended up only reading 2.  I have started several of them, but I'm terrible about finishing!
3.  Be consistent on Scripture memory with the kids.  Again...I'm good at starting and terrible with following through and keeping it up.
4.  Reading with the kids.  For several summers I set a goal in the number of books we read.  This doesn't work anymore since two are now reading on their own.  My goal is to listen to both girls read to me everyday (most days).  Also, for me to read Sam some of "his" books every day.  Also, I would like to read aloud 12 or so chapter books with the girls.
5.  Swim--my plan is to do lots of this!  It's too hot to do much else!

No comments: